Welcome!

Come take a trip with me on my wild ride as the mother of 3 sweet "babies".

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Invisible Woman

Do you ever feel invisible?

i do

There are times, when I swear that the world must just not see me.  Those are the days when:


  • I get cut off in traffic.

  • I give a friendly wave or smile to a stranger, and they ignore me.

  • I say "Excuse me" to get by someone in a crowded place, and they just stand there.

  • I stand at a store's counter to ask for some help or check out, but no one comes.

  • Someone butts in front of me in line.

  • I drop something while my hands are full, and no one helps me or even offers to help pick it up.

  • I have finished my meal, my kids are restless, and I'm STILL waiting on my check from the waitress.

  • I have my hands full with a bag, a baby, holding onto a toddler, and trying to keep my preschooler in tow, and a man with nothing in his hands walks right through the door that I was really hoping he would help me with. (Surely he didn't see me, right? No one is that much of a jerk, right?)
The funny thing is, these all seem to happen on the same day.  So, I wonder, are there certain days when I'm actually invisible?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cat! I am sorry to hear you have had a rough one. Some days I wish I was invisible so I could go and hide and just not be bothered by anyone or anything...

    Hope things get better.
    Hugs,
    Mel~

    ReplyDelete