2011 is going to be a great year - a year of growth for me and for my family (no I am NOT pregnant). Here are my resolutions for 2011. Hoping to just be a better, well-rounded human this year.
1. Get on a workout schedule. I'm not going to make any crazy demands on myself like working out daily. I know that won't happen. But if I can get in a few days a week - super! Anything is better than the nothing that I'm doing now. Time to tone up and be healthy again.
2. Eat healthier. Now that the holiday treats are gone, I want to concentrate on eating better - for myself and for my family. Less late-night ice cream binges. More fresh fruit and veggies. More smoothies with the kids.
3. Scrapbook more. I'm behind. VERY behind. I have Bella's 1st year scrapbooked, and that's about it. I have the tools. I have the books. I have the paper. No excuses on this one - If I set aside 1-2 evenings a week, I could pump out quite a few pages.
4. Less TV time. We, as a family are... addicted. It's a problem. We need to spend more time playing, and more time outside when the weather is better. I have way too many shows DVR'd. It's not good that my 4 year old can use the remote herself and find her shows. Not good.
5. More art projects with the kids. I used to be good at this when it was just me and Bella. We'd get out the paints often. Then I had Delaney... then Luke. I feel like now it's harder to manage. However, the kids LOVE to be creative, and I don't want to squelch that. So, buck up, Mom - time go break out the messy projects again! This should help with the non-TV-related time, too.
6. Eat out less. We actually did pretty well with this during the summer and fall of 2010, so I know we can do it.
7. Go to bed earlier. I've finally come to terms with the fact that no matter what time I go to bed, my kids are always up early. So it behooves me (and everyone else) to go to bed at a decent time so I'm a pleasant person in the morning.
That's it! Here's to a healthy 2011!