Welcome!

Come take a trip with me on my wild ride as the mother of 3 sweet "babies".

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

2011 is going to be a great year - a year of growth for me and for my family (no I am NOT pregnant).  Here are my resolutions for 2011.  Hoping to just be a better, well-rounded human this  year.

1. Get on a workout schedule.  I'm not going to make any crazy demands on myself like working out daily.  I know that won't happen.  But if I can get in a few days a week - super!  Anything is better than the nothing that I'm doing now.  Time to tone up and be healthy again.

2. Eat healthier.  Now that the holiday treats are gone, I want to concentrate on eating better - for myself and for my family.  Less late-night ice cream binges.  More fresh fruit and veggies.  More smoothies with the kids.

3. Scrapbook more.  I'm behind. VERY behind.  I have Bella's 1st year scrapbooked, and that's about it.  I have the tools.  I have the books.  I have the paper.  No excuses on this one - If I set aside 1-2 evenings a week, I could pump out quite a few pages.

4. Less TV time.  We, as a family are... addicted.  It's a problem.  We need to spend more time playing, and more time outside when the weather is better.  I have way too many shows DVR'd.  It's not good that my 4 year old can use the remote herself and find her shows.  Not good.

5. More art projects with the kids.  I used to be good at this when it was just me and Bella.  We'd get out the paints often.  Then I had Delaney... then Luke.  I feel like now it's harder to manage.  However, the kids LOVE to be creative, and I don't want to squelch that.  So, buck up, Mom - time go break out the messy projects again!  This should help with the non-TV-related time, too.

6. Eat out less.  We actually did pretty well with this during the summer and fall of 2010, so I know we can do it. 

7. Go to bed earlier.  I've finally come to terms with the fact that no matter what time I go to bed, my kids are always up early.  So it behooves me (and everyone else) to go to bed at a decent time so I'm a pleasant person in the morning.

That's it!  Here's to a healthy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment