Welcome!

Come take a trip with me on my wild ride as the mother of 3 sweet "babies".

Thursday, September 23, 2010

You're My Partner!

Today is my hubby's birthday.  It was shortly before his birthday 13 years ago when we met. 

K-State Homecoming 1997

My sorority (Kappa Alpha Theta) and his fraternity (Delta Sigma Phi) were homecoming partners - along with another fraternity whose name I cannot recall! Yikes!  We did an event back then during homecoming called "body building".  No, we did not lift weights.  We actually built with bodies!  It was basically a cheerleading / dance routine.  When I was a freshman at K-State, I did not get to pick my stunt partner, and was not all that happy with my pairing.  So, when I was a sophomore, I wanted a choice!  I quickly scanned the line-up of "Greek" men to find the best looking guy who looked strong enough to actually lift a girl off the ground easily.  My eyes rested on a handsome junior - Jerry. 

I quickly ran over to him and said "You're my partner!" 

If only I had known how true those words were!  We did not date right away because I was already dating someone else.  Jerry fell into the friend category for a year and a half.  Then, on a beautiful day (when I just-so happened to be single), I ran into Jerry on campus between classes.  I asked if he'd like to go out Saturday night.  He said yes, and asked if I had any plans Friday as well.  I did have plans - to watch a chick-flick with my Theta sisters, but he could join us if he wanted - and he did! 

I'm sure I will blog about our first date another time, but for now - this is the story of how we met, and how the romance began. 

13 years and 3 kids later, he's still my partner.

I love you, Jerry!  Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment