Welcome!

Come take a trip with me on my wild ride as the mother of 3 sweet "babies".

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Life Has Changed!

As I was nursing Luke before his morning nap, I was reminiscing about 4 years ago when Bella was a baby.  Things sure were different!  We went everywhere together.  I'd pack her up and take her to the mall, the grocery store, the park, out to lunch with friends, to storytimes, to playlands, to get the oil changed (OK, that happened ONCE).  I didn't think twice about leaving the house with my one child and spending pretty much the entire day out and about.  I'd take along snacks, food, plenty of diapers... no big deal!  We'd even spend hours driving around while she napped so I could look at houses that we can never afford to buy.  And while I was a nanny (miss you Griff!), I thought I was super mom that I could go out easily with 2 kids! I realize now that Griffin was actually more of a helper than another child I had to look after.  Such a great kid!

Fast forward to now. 

I don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary.  It's quite different with three.  We DO get out, but it had better be a good reason for me to take all 3 kids somewhere!  Reasons to get us out of the house:

School
Gymnastics class
Doctor
Playdate at some one's house (although I prefer to just have people come to us)

Don't get me wrong, there are the few occasions when I feel capable enough to get the kids out for something special.  It happens - rarely. :)  As the kids get older, we'll get out more.  As for now, I'll just embrace this wonderful time we have at home and make the best of it.  Thank God for imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment